Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pawning your goods for gas

I saw this article and found it a bit disturbing. Is it just me, or does anyone else see anything seriously wrong with this?

Yesterday afternoon, on my drive home from my boy's little league game, I caught eye of the whopping $2.75 per gallon at the local (and least expensive place to fill in the area) AM/PM where I normally fill and glared at my wavering half-full tank in dismay. Thank goodness I don't really go anywhere. I think..

Now I know the AM/PM is the crappiest gas in town, compared to Chevron or Shell or even Mobile.. but financially, I can't even imagine going to the others. Generally, my tank takes about $20 to fill. As of late, however, it's been almost $30, which still isn't so bad compared to how much I've witnessed that it takes to fill one of those road monster SUV's. The other week I was behind a couple whose bill rang up an outrageous $103!!

That's when you really have to ask..what the hell?

It seems that these days most of what we work for is to pay the mortgage, child care, and gas bills, which includes that skyrocketing gas bill to heat the house. Honestly, living in the North West isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've never lived in an area where just about two-thirds of the community drive gas guzzling SUV's. Seemingly, you haven't "arrived" until you've purchased a commodity that excessively burns precious fossil fuels that kill the ozone layer and submitted to your part in expediting global warming!

Aye, but we're reknown for recycling our bottles..woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home